1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh garlic
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 3-pound boneless top sirloin steak, cut 2 inches thick
1. Preheat grill or barbecue.
2. Heat oil in a small nonstick skillet over low heat.
Add garlic and cook for 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally
3. Add onions, increase heat to medium-low and continue cooking for 5
minutes, or until onions are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt
and pepper. Remove from the heat and let cool thoroughly.
4. Trim excess fat from steak. Make a horizontal cut through the center of
the steak, parallel to the surface, approximately 1 inch from each side. Cut
to, but not through, the opposite side. Spoon the cooled stuffing into the
pocket, spreading evenly. Secure the opening with wooden picks.
5. Place steak on cooking grid over medium-low coals. Cover grill and
cook for 26-32 minutes for rare to medium, turning once. Remove picks.
6. Trim excess fat and carve steak into 1/2-inch-thick